Monday, December 30, 2013

Departure of the Snake

New Year's resolutions are good. They help set a standard for the new year (hopefully good) and provide for ideals of self-improvement. Throughout the years, I have set some myself, which end up being forgotten as the year progresses. Originally, I planned to start the new year off with NO RESOLUTIONS. "Why?", you might ask. Well, 2013 was a good year for me. I can really say that I truly grew up this year. I've learned some responsibility, I've really grown to love myself (something I've battled with in the past). And lastly, along with loving myself, I UNDERSTAND myself and the way I think. This was the year of self-realization. I've come to terms with the fact that not everyone will like me, and vice versa. I don't live to please others, after all, it is my life, and no one else's. This year, I lost one of my best friends (not to death), but for personal reasons (not sure why). People come and go in our lives, but no matter how big or small their role is, we can't take them for granted. Every person that I've ever come in contact with has taught me a lesson in life, big and small. With that said, despite the ups and downs of 2013, I'm bringing in my new year with nothing but positivity and good vibes.

My New Year's Goals (Speaking them into existence)

  • Get a job
  • Save money
  • Get in shape (We'll see how far  this goes)
  • Be happy
  • Worry less
  • Do more creative things
  • Post more pictures of my own outfits
If anybody's reading this, have a good year. Happy early New Year! Comment below with your resolutions!

-J Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment